As an employer advocate, Aurenda’s focus is always on achieving positive outcomes for our clients: the employer. Our RTO Courses are tailored to provide a balanced overview of the employer and employee requirements and when issues arise, our courses show how the employee should proactively communicate and consult with their employer to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome. It is for this reason that clients in high risk and highly unionised workplaces utilise our training courses.
One particular client in the public transport industry has used our RTO services for the past 10 years to train their Safety and Health Representatives. Our training approach has achieved fantastic results with their staff in what is a typically challenging workforce. In particular, our emphasis on cooperation and consultation creates a shift in the employee’s mindset to prepare them to work collaboratively with their employer, as opposed to maintaining a combative mindset that only serves to cause friction.
Our client has commented that our training assists their management teams at each depot to be informed and up to date on staff safety issues, which assists them to actively reduce the frequency of injuries. In addition to this, our client has reported the following additional benefits;
- Improvements in the work environment/culture;
- Reduced work related injuries, accidents and incidents i.e. injury and illness rates;
- Reductions in the number of compensation claims and compensation costs;
- Reductions in employee turnover and lost time;
- Reductions equipment damage; and
- Improved overall efficiency in operations.